30-40% of employees Internet activity is not business related, and costs companies billions of dollars in productivity loss each year.
Web filtering in the workplace minimizes a company's legal liability, increases productivity, and reserves your bandwidth for what it was intended for - job related tasks. When employees view inappropriate Web sites, shop online incessantly, or download and play MP3 files throughout the day, work is simply not getting done.
Communicating a web use policy and having web filtering software is critical.
The Barracuda Web Filter combines preventative, reactive, and proactive measures to form a complete Web filtering solution that enables you to set up an overall or custom policy for particular user and groups.
- Blocks access to inappropriate sites
- Blocks downloads based on file type
- Blocks suspicious internet applications
- Blocks network threats including spyware, malware, and viruses
- Allows for user and group-based policies and/or exceptions